I have been tagged by the beautiful and talented McKenna Rosen of Cherishing My Role (in the home) to join in this fun game! Here goes nothing.
-Thank and link back to the person who tagged you
-Tell how you were introduced to Jane Austen and share one fun fact about your Janeite life (This fun fact can be anything from "I stayed up all night reading Emma" to visiting Jane Austen's home in Chawton )
-Answer the tagger's questions
-Write seven questions of your own
-Tag as few as one or as many as seven other Janeites and let them know you've tagged them.
Fun Fact: My younger sister and I once sat on my bed for two hours and quoted the 1995 BBC Pride and Prejudice from start to finish. Here's a bonus fun fact: I once had Emma Thompson's Golden Globe speech memorized.
Now to answer McKenna's questions...
1. Which do you prefer? Books or Movies?
Books!!! But I do love the movies too.
2. How would you go about introducing a friend to Jane Austen?
I make them watch the movies with me! Usually the 2005 Pride and Prejudice because it's a good place to start.
3. It's Marathon Movie Night! Which 4 adaptions are you going to watch and in what order?
That would depend on who I am with. With my own family that has more patience with me, or if I'm alone I would watch the 1995 BBC Pride and Prejudice first, the 1995 Sense and Sensibility second, 2007 Mansfield park third, and the 1996 Emma last. But, if I was with my friends who have less patience, I would swap the BBC Pride and Prejudice for the 2005 version.
4. Who is your favorite "Villain"?
Does Frank Churchill count as a villain? He'd be my favorite. Him. or Henry Crawford...always wanted to like him, even though I despise him.
5. Who would you rather travel with on a long journey by carriage? Mrs. Jennings or Lady Catherine DuBurgh?
Oh heavens! Do I have to pick one? I'd probably prefer Mrs. Jennings. She'd amuse me at least.
6. Which book/movie do you think is the funniest or most clever?
Lady Susan! I laugh my way through that every time. Hysterical.
7. With whom would you rather be forced to stay with during your London trip?
The "Affable" Miss Lucy Steele, the incorrigible Lydia Wickham, or the incessant Mrs. Elton?
Oh dear. Another difficult question. Hmmm...Let's go with Lucy Steele. Lydia would give me a headache and Mrs. Elton would be a nightmare.
I unfortunately have a very sorry list of blogging friends so I'm only "nominating" one. My wonderful cousin Candace Hutchinson of Radiant
Here's my questions for you, dear!
1. From the movies, which is your favorite dance?
2. What is your "least" favorite Austen book?
3. Who is your favorite Austen couple?
4. Would you rather be a Bennet or a Dashwood?
5. Which is your favorite proposal (Can I tell you mine? It's Mr. Knightley's!)
6. If you had to be related to one of the following, who would you choose? Elizabeth Elliot, Mrs. Norris, Fanny Dashwood, Caroline Bingley, Mrs. Elton, or Mrs. Bennet?
7. Which one, of the many, male characters would you choose for yourself? (it doesn't have to be one of the leading roles...) (Can I answer this question too? It's a tie for me between Captain Wentworth and George Knightley. And for some reason I've also always wanted to be Mr. Palmer's wife...)